As yall may be aware, I love BlackBerry. Sure I curse at my phone every now and then because I am about as impatient as humanly possible. But I love my BlackBerry none the less. I currently have the Bold 2 (9700). For those that didn’t read the last few posts, the Bold 3 (9900) was released by AT&T today and I want it.
Yes, I went to the store. Yes, I played with the phone. Yes, I refused to let anyone else near it.
I also repeatedly corrected the sales rep who was falsely informed about the BlackBerry. He had the audacity to say that the Torch 9810 was the Torch 9860. Before he could even finish his sentence, I announced that he was wrong. And they were not yet carrying the 9860. Call that rude if you must, but I wasn’t the one that didn’t know the phones they had in store. If you ask me, that’s far more distasteful. I mean hello, the 9810 is a slider phone, touch screen and has a QWERTY keyboard. The 9860 is just all touch screen. No keyboard. How in the heck could you mix those up? Seriously…
So for your enjoyment, I have gathered what I deem to be sufficient information regarding the stats of the 9900.
For the few people that will get butt hurt, no this is not my own information. I take no ownership of it. I will give credit to the websites from which they’re found, I’m merely combining what I have found.
|The above picture is proof that the 9900 is now available. The original picture can be found on the CrackBerry website.|
|This picture can also be found on the CrackBerry website. This is information on pricing at AT&T. And it definitely isn’t as expensive as I had expected it to be. Not that I’m complaining.
Buy your very own BlackBerry Bold 9900 today!
- 115 x 66 x 10.5 mm, approx. 130 g
- Personal note: IT IS SO THIN. Kinda wide across, but not uncomfortable.
- Screen & Display
- 2.8 inch touch-screen display
- 640 x 480 pixels
- 287 dpi resolution
- LED flash notification
- Personal note: I’m not a big fan of touch screen to begin with, but the screen alone being touchable, yet still having the keyboard is refreshingly enjoyable. Much easier to zoom in on pictures and websites, as well as clicking open apps when I have the phone laying down and don’t care to use the trackpad.
- Good old QWERTY keyboard
- Optical trackpad
- Personal note: I personally like the 9700 keyboard better, but it’s by no means a bad keyboard. Typing seems to be slightly louder than before. I’d consider the keyboard to be.. Bold 9700 keyboard + Torch 9810 keyboard + more sound when typing. Voila, Bold 9900 keyboard.
- 1.2 GHz processor
- Personal note: SO MUCH FASTER. Lovelovelove. Which, it’s obvious that it would be.
- 768 MB of RAM
- 8 GB device memory
- microSD slot (supports up to 32 GB cards)
- 5 Megapixel
- 720p HD video recording
- Face detection
- From 3.2 MP to 5 MP, hell yeah it’s an even better camera. I’ve been told people don’t actually like the camera. But I’ve taken some of my best pictures on my Bold 9000 and that just has a 2 MP camera.
- Accelerometer (Orientation sensor)
- Magnetometer (Digital compass)
- Proximity sensor
- Built in GPS & aGPS
- Operating System
- BlackBerry 7.0 OS
- 1230 mAh removable/rechargeable battery
- Personal note: Smallest battery yet, which I’m not happy about. Which leads me to wonder if my current 1500 mAh battery will fit into the 9900…
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n at 4 GHz & 802.11 a/n at 5 GHz
- Tri-Band HSPA+
- Quad-Band GSM/EDGE