I’m one of those people who can get completely absorbed in a good book, and any chance of pulling me out of my reverie will be almost impossible. If I’m being honest, and I am, I’m also one of those people who can become distraught with separation anxiety after I finish an extremely good book. I get that involved in the lives of the characters. And I’m absolutely, 100% okay with this part of me.
I also do not take book reviews lightly. So here is a collection of books in no particular order that I deem to be completely worth your time and even more worth the emotions that are to follow the books’ endings. This collection will constantly be a work in progress. And as I find a new one I really enjoyed, I will post about it on my main page to let y’all know!
- HARRY POTTER — [no explanation required. because duh.]
- Any book by Robin Cook or Jodi Picoult — Yes, I know this is a very broad group of books, but I love their collections and I just cannot pick one or two that I enjoy the most
- I would recommend these books for someone who enjoys their reads to be based off of factual information and/or events that could actually occur
- Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray — Now, I read these books many years ago, probably far earlier than I should have. They’re definitely interesting… And different. If you’re interested in a book that is not like something you have read before, these just might be for you!
- A Great and Terrible Beauty
- Rebel Angels
- The Sweet and Far Thing
- Overachievement by Dr. John Eliot — I have personally met Dr. Eliot and his lectures are so inspirational. I have blog posts that have blossomed from the way he makes me think about events and life. It isn’t a typical “reading” book, but still worth it.
Do you have a favorite book? I would love to hear about it! Comment below with title and author, and I might just read it [okay, I probably will]!